Skyrim Dagger Backstab Multiplier
In Skyrim, the higher the backstab multiplier, the more the damage. The best dagger backstab multiplier is arguably X 30, and is illustrated above in the video using the “locate the ceremonial weapons quest” (or silenced tongues quest) in Volunruud.
- First go to Astrid and complete some Dark Brotherhood quests and finally obtain the Shrouded Gloves from Astrid. This will give the hero a X 2 backstab multiplier.
- Next obtain the Assassin’s Blade Perk through studious leveling up (usually of the sneak ability) to obtain a X 15 backstab multiplier.
- Now equip the Shrouded Gloves and with the Assassin’s Blade Perk – the dagger backstab multiplier will be 15 times 2 which is X 30.
- The next question is which daggers to use. In this find the ceremonial weapons quest example, the two glass daggers are used. These may not be the best daggers to obtain maximal baseline damage, but glass daggers are easily replaceable, unlike other daggers like Astrid’s dagger – the Blade of Woe and Mehrunes’ Razor. In place of the glass daggers, one may also use one’s own crafted daggers or a pair of ebony daggers.
- Next, bring up the map and proceed to Volunruud. Bring up the local map to find two paths to find the ceremonial axe (hanging above the draugr deathlord) and the ceremonial sword.
- Go up the two paths, and eliminate all the draugrs as illustrated above. A sneak skill of about 93 was used here. For the draugr deathlord, the backstab multiplier with the glass daggers was not enough to bring him down; hence an additional dragon breath fire shout was used, followed by additional dagger strikes.
- For the boss (past the door in the center which was opend with the ceremonial weapons) – Kvenel the tongue, two sneak attacks employing two backstab multipliers of X 30 were used; Kvenel was eliminated, allowing the hero to obtain the sword Eduj, and the axe Okin. Head out of the chamber, go back into sneak mode, and return to eliminate the remaining draugr scourge here.